About From The Producer
From The Producer is a free service for people and companies that make products, and their prospective customers.
Customers buy directly from the producers. Apart from the charges made by credit card companies and/or payment gateways, all money goes to the producer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who can sell products through your service?
Producers should be members of their relevant official industry association.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with something I bought?
Contact the producer. The commercial relationship is between you and the producer. We are just the middle man who brought you together and facilitated the sale. We receive no share of the sale and accept no responsibility for the transaction. However, if you are unhappy with a product or a producer we encourage you to post a review on the web site to inform other potential customers of your experience.
You can find the full contact details of each producer by clicking on the name of the producer which is displayed on each product page.
Are my credit card details secure?
How do you make money?
We don't. We are a non profit organization dedicated to the support of local producers.
The costs of running the service are covered by our parent company Cameron Edge whose purpose is to use technology to support worthwhile causes in society. We believe that facilitating direct commerce between original producers and the consumer mass market is good for society. Cameron Edge is supported by the Cameron Foundation.
How can you survive and continue to operate if you make no money?
FromTheProducer is completely automated, driven by the producers and their customers. Because it is completely automated, it costs almost nothing to run.
I am a producer - why do I have to join my industry association?
As described above, automation is key to our business model. However, industry association cooperation is also critical to making the business model viable.
- Provide on going contact with the industry: producers, wine lovers, journalists, reviewers, event organisers and government
- Provide on going marketing and promotion of the site in the interest of their members
- Provide a check on new producers, giving customers confidence that producers are known and reputable
I am a producer - will I make more sales if I list on FromTheProducer?
FromTheProducer is a tool. Producers that use the tool well should generate sales - producers that don't probably will not.
Using the site well involves:
- making your products look attractive to potential customers by posting competitive prices and shipping costs
- posting items of interest to potential customers in the FromTheProducer newsletter
- referring to FromTheProducer in your normal marketing activities